Our community is committed to creating a safe space to share our work with vulnerability and with mutual support. Abbott Square is a family-friendly environment, so please also respect our venue when choosing what work to share. All levels of experience are welcome; both experienced and new artists.
- Respect ourselves for our courage, our audience and the venue.
- Please present original material. Genres can include poetry, prose, anecdote, haiku, essay, short stories or excerpts from longer works.
- You must sign up to read, and will present in the order you sign up. Space is limited.
- Memorization is optional.
- You have up to five minutes to perform; feel free to share multiple pieces within that time. Cover pieces, costumes, props, musical instruments are allowed, provided they do not require additional set-up time.
- Please respect the family-friendly venue and refrain from content which may be considered obscene, hateful or partisan politics. If necessary, a performer may be removed from the stage by the host for inappropriate content or at the request of the venue.